Monday, March 22, 2010

Sophie la girafe

I have heard from many mommy friends that this adorable toy "Sophie the giraffe" works wonders in soothing and entertaining babies. When Chris and I were driving by The Right Start the other day, I immediately remembered that I saw Sophie there and that we had to have one too.

Sophie came in this cute box and inside is a small booklet that tells her story. She was born on 25th of May 1961. In those days the only animal toys available were farm animal or pet figures. One day in France, a certain Monsieur Rampeau came up with the idea of designing a giraffe. She was an immediate success and by simple word of mouth (which is how I heard about her) the little giraffe's fame spread. She is still "traditionally" produced as of today and is made from 100% natural rubber derived from the sap of the Hevea tree.



No comments:

Post a Comment