linguine with tuna, arugula and lemon
Super easy and incredibly delicious. I highly recommend as a quick week night meal.
What to pick up from the grocery store:
- 12 ounces of linguine- I used a garlic and basil linguine from Trader Joe's
- 1/2 cup of good extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves (or more accdg to your taste), minced
- 1/2 tsp dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 2- 12oz cans albacore tuna, packed in water, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 tsp lemon zest
- 4 cups of fresh arugula
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Remember to scoop 1 cup of the cooking liquid before draining the pasta. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet, add the garlic and crushed red pepper. Do not let the garlic turn brown. Add the tuna and stir to heat through.
Add the tuna mixture, lemon juice, lemon zest and arugula to pasta. Toss over low heat just until arugula wilts. Add your reserved pasta cooking liquid little by little to moisten. You may not have to use the entire 1 cup.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.