Wednesday, May 5, 2010

first few days with just mom



I realize just how extremely lucky I have been to have had Chris at home with us for almost an entire month. It was a big deal to have been able to share the new responsibilities of caring for Leon. Chris was not only great help but he was excellent at soothing Leon.
Well like most good things- our luxury of having Chris home came to an end. Of course, it was inevitable that he went back to work. Since Monday Leon and I have been home alone... yes, we're on our own or should I say I'm on my own?
Good thing Leon has been so good- good in newborn sense. At 4 weeks and 2 days old, he actually has a pretty good internal clock. He naps 2x a day and he sleeps continuously for a solid 3 hours per nap. While he is asleep I take the time to relax and regroup.
Having to leave home alone with the baby though- is still a challenge. I'm sure it will take more practice and some time in the future I'll be able to flip open the stroller and hang the diaper bag on the handles all with one hand. Pretty soon I'll be able to do most tasks with one hand.
The photos above were taken while I was bathing Leon on my own for the first time. Again all cleaning maneuvers with one hand. (Chris came home just in time to be able to snap some pics).

No comments:

Post a Comment