Saturday, August 14, 2010

I'm 32!


(photos from morning after my birthday)

My birthday was such a calm and peaceful day. I LOVED spending the day with my babies- Lucy and Leon. To top it Chris came home from work early with the most beautiful orchid arrangement, we waited for our sitter, made sure Leon was sound asleep then we were off to our date.

Went to see Eat Pray Love the movie- and I must admit that I was quite disappointed. I bet if I did not read and fell in love with the book first- I would have appreciated the film. The film felt very "Hollywood" and it seemed as if they tried to pack too much of the book within 2 hours and 20 minutes. I actually had a moment wondering when the movie would end while still in the theatre. I feel as if while reading the book- I created a better movie in my head- page by page. Perhaps it's an unfair judgement I'm making- how can any film top off something that is very personal to a reader.

I am so grateful for all the blessings I have and I can't ask for anything more. I told Chris on our way home from our date that now is the happiest I've ever been in my life. It's unnerving and joyful at the same time. Whenever everything seems to be just in the right place a tiny bit of fear crops up. Mostly fear of things being too good to be true or too good to really last. But hey all I can constantly remind myself is that all I really have is the present and if I'm happy now then that's all that really matters. I don't need to worry about tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment